Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Is it legal for someone to be taking photos of my personal…

Hi. Is it legal...

Hi. Is it legal for someone to be taking photos of my personal balcony and home ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

QLD

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

A complaint to RSPCA

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks

3/14/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

this may be argued as a breach of privacy

Under the Privacy Act, taking photos of entrance to property, window of a private residence is illegal.

this is a civil matter and you may raise a claim against that party.

you may also be able to raise a claim of stalking if this is a regular situation

the law will come your aid in this circumstance, and you can be protected from this negative conduct.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and thank you for using Just Answer.

Hi JohnThere after few days has passed, I have just been informed that the individual whom took the photo of my house contacted rspca on multiple occasions ( unit complex opposite me). RSPCA have attended regarding a complaint over my golden retriever which is off good health etc as cited and the rspca have taken photos. The lady from the rspca said that she didn’t believe the dog was in any danger or wtv from the photos which I have viewed ( dog sleeping on sofa cushion) and only came to investigate because the complaint had compliant about RSPCA not doing there job. Legally do I have any rights ? I feel as though i have been put in the spotlight for absolutely no reason.

yes what has occurred is inappropriate.

you have total legal rights to protect your important family member (pet) from any harm.

Also you have a right to pursue civil damages for the breach of privacy with the photos that have been taken.

the law will protect your privacy and your pet.

if you wish to raise a claim the next step is to file in action in QCAT.

How can I file a claim in qcat ? What are the necessary steps. I’m not familiar with the whole aspect of things. I’m happy to pay more for a positive result.

I am pleased to help you.

I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone about this important matter, please look, it will help you.

also the link to QCAT is:http://www.qcat.qld.gov.au/

You matter comes under the civil section, and all forms are done online through with website.

Ok.

you are most welcome

I can’t accept your phone call offer
Website won’t lag me click on it

are you using a laptop or PC ? If you are on a phone or ipad you will need to download the just answer app.

let

please explain what is let ?

Iphone
Just downloaded the app

yes then you can accept the special offer or you can use a pc or laptop .

John Melis, Lawyer
Phone call session started

calling