Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

What can I do about a fine I got for expired license that…

Customer Question
Hi. What can...

Hi. What can I do about a fine I got for expired license that was approved by 3 different ranks of police, which didn't follow correct procedure then 2 months later change their mind and want to take me to court without telling me this,then show up 10 months later after original ticket and hand me a notice to appear.

Lawyer's Assistant: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

With who?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/14/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 4 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Afternoon,

Can you please give me more details as to what happened?

If you have been caught driving without a licence or an expired license the police will fine you and you will appear before the court to deal with that.

I am uncertain what 3 different ranks of police have to do with this. Can you please give me a chronology of what happened so that I can then provide you with more information.

I will get back to you as soon as I can I'm about to log off but will be back as soon as I can and will provide you with more information.

Regards