Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I'm trying to find out information for my daughter who is…

Customer Question
Hi I'm trying to...

Hi I'm trying to find out information for my daughter who is becoming quite unwell through the actions of a neighbour. She lives in a small rural town, and want's a resolution that will stop her family and pets being targeted. I am aware of cyber bullying and I have suggested she speaks to he high school where a year 11 student who is a relatively of the neighbours sent a threatening message to my granddaughter who is a few years younger. My grandson who has autism has been scared of the school bus. My daughter's elderly cat who was very sick was targeted and eventually had to be put down. While the neighbours continued making complaints to the Ranger. This has now been followed up with a complaint against the dog purchased as a companion dog, that was at the vet's. Effectively the Ranger is just doing his Jobs, but false and misleading information is being given. Is there anything she can do before it's too late? Elaine

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And how long has this been going on?

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes reported, but the police said they couldn't do anything until they were harmed. The Ranger does know what is going on, but he is just doing his job.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm not sure!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/14/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Afternoon

Has she reported this to the police?

but they couldn't do anything untill someone is hurt or worse
I need my daughter to talk to you
Sorry my battery is nearly flat I will have to bow out.

Good Afternoon,

Your Daughter Needs to Report All of These Issues to the Police.

If she has been hurt the police will take action and charge the neighbours with assault.

If it is harassment and intimidation then your daughter may have to make a private application to the court for an apprehended violence order.

She also should report the issue to the high school if the neighbour's child is threatening your granddaughter at the school.

If the police will not get involved the following link sets out how to take out a private apprehended violence order and she can do that through the court on her own.

http://www.lawaccess.nsw.gov.au/Pages/representing/lawassist_avo/lawassist_gettingavo_home/lawassist_applying_avo/lawassist_applying_avo.aspx

She should sit down and make a detailed statement with dates times and events and provided to the court registrar when she applies.

It will also be in her favour to consider appointing an independent lawyer to represent her in this matter against the neighbours.

She needs to take action and arrange to have the order put before the court.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards