Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was made redundant from my job 5 weeks ago and have still…

I was made redundant...

I was made redundant from my job 5 weeks ago and have still not received a confirmation letter re my redundancy and a separation certificate - should i have been given these documents at the time of my redundancy?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Qld

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not sure what you mean?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I believe part of my role I was made redundant from is being filled by someone else commencing next week

3/14/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

have you issued a written request by email to the employer ?

No I haven't yet

what you need to do is issue notice in writing by email and the employer will respond.

doe this answer your question today ?

Should I contact them via email - I thought they had to give me a document at the time of my redundancy?

yes contact them by email as this way you can have the record

Also, my role was made redundant which was customer service/logistics - been with the company for almost 12 years - I have been notified that the logistics part of my job has been allocated to another person in the warehouse but the customer service role is now been filled as data entry/customer service officer?? Is this a genuine redundancy or just a pure witch hunt????

it sounds like you were unfairly terminated.

but your first step is to issue that email so you can get your notice of termination

do you need help with that email ?

It is a small business with under 15 people - does this give them the right to do it?
please - do you charge to draft an email?

all you need to do is send the following words

Dear Employer

I was made redundant on XX/XX/2018.

I have not received my notice of termination.

Could you please send this document to me by email urgently please.

Regards
XXXX

Have I answered your important question today ?

Thank you much appreciated - I will contact you once I receive the email - is that ok?

you are welcome

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this supports me helping the community and thank you for using Just Answer.

John Melis, Lawyer
Ok will do thanks again

you are welcome