Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have $26720.00 in a trust account with a law firm and they…

I have $26720.00 in...

I have $26720.00 in a trust account with a law firm and they wont reliase it back to me ,where do I stand

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

3/14/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

did they provide a reason why in writing to you ?

If here is any monies owed to the law firm they can claim those funds as a debt due, however, if there is a dispute over those funds the law firm cannot remove those funds from their trust account to pay themselves.

If no money is owed to the law firm and they are just holding the funds and refusing to pay on your written instruction, your can contact the legal service commission and ask them to investigate the lawyer and their trust account.

The commission will the act promptly and resolve the matter for you.

Does this answer your important question today ?

for now

you are welcome.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and thank you for using Just Answer.

John Melis, Lawyer