Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Im trying to cancel my home and car insurance and have been…

Customer Question
Hi Im trying to...

Hi Im trying to cancel my home and car insurance and have been told to do this I will be paying total $187.00 even though I am canceling 1 day before my next payment. they are with Budget Direct.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

NSW. car is around 7 or 8 years old

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No except 1 not a fault car accident. nothing on home

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/14/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

was anything issued in writing yet ?

no not yet

What you need to do is to write a formal complaint to the company. This complaint needs to be in a chronological order detailing what is the issue and what action you have taken to try and rectify the matter.

The complaint needs to be in a chronological order with numbered points 1, 2, 3, etc.

The complaint needs to have detailed what you need fixed and for a time limit of a minimum of 14 days to apply.

The complaint then needs to be sent to the dispute resolutions department. Make sure you keep a copy for yourself. Preferrably send the complaint by email.

If you do not receive a reply within 14 days issue a follow up complaint to the first complaint issued.

If no response is received then it is time to commence an action in the local tribunal.

Would you like to try this option first.

ok thanks

you are most welcome

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this supports me helping the community and thank you for using Just Answer.