Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Water is flowing from my neighbour's balcony.The water

Customer Question
Water is flowing...

Water is flowing from my neighbour's balcony.The water moistured the wall,and toxic black mould grew and affected badly my book cases ,my books and my health.The tiles on the neighbour's balcony are not laid properly therefore there is a gap between the wall and the neighbour's tiles where the water is escaping to the wall.The wall has to be repaired and the mould has be be removed . The body Corporate adviced me that this matter belongs to my content Insurance.My insurance said, it belongs to the body corporate. My health is badly affected because of the mould. Is the body corporate obliged to repair and to compensate for my health??

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Gold Coast

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

At this moment only the aboves

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/13/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

the body corporate is responsible for the common areas.

the private areas are the responsibility for the unit holders and there insurance

you will need to get a plan of the subdivision to determine who is exactly responsible for the damage that is occurring to your property.

does this answer your question today ?

Have I answered your question ?