Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I feel I am being targeted in my 16 years workplace, I have…

Customer Question
I feel I am...

I feel I am being targeted in my 16 years workplace, I have been given heaps of notices and complaints for the last 7 months, and they have been accessing me on my work, very stressing and I feel intimidated. they are going to give me a disciplinary process soon, which I believe not fair as I am the only one picked one constantly, any way I can seek help?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am in Melbourne, Victoria, thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, and i got all the complaint papers, they keep asking me to sign, forcing me saying that it is to acknowledge the content, regardless i agreed or not

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just need to know if i have been targeted just to force me to resign by giving me a hard time, as they don't intend to retrench me, that is my perception

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/13/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

From the description you have provided there is workplace bullying occurring to you. Part6-4B of the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) (FW Act) empowers the Fair Work Commission (FWC) to make orders to stop workplacebullying.Bullying at work occurs where a worker is subjected to repeated unreasonable behaviour by an individual or group of individuals that creates a risk to health and safety: s 789FD(1). The definition of bullying does not include reasonable management action carried out in reasonable manner: s 789FD(2).

An application for stop bullying orders may be made by you under the Fair Work Act.

The Fair Work has discretion to deal with an application as it considers appropriate, including by mediation, conference or hearing. The applicant and alleged bully, as well as the principal(s) or employer(s) of the applicant and alleged bully will be given an opportunity to be heard and put forward their case.

The main point is that you have a legal right to be protected and the law will come to your aid.

what do you think ?

have I answered your important question today ?