Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

QLD. I started all paperwork on 7th Jun 2017, the matter was…

QLD Lawyer's Assistant: Has...

QLD

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes i started all paperwork on 7th Jun 2017, the matter was taken up by WCQ & i had surgery also authorised by WCQ. They had me on payments up until mid Jan 2017 & then asked me to do lite duties. i refused as i was buzy with my relatives helping them die & go into homes etc. Now they are threatening to cut travel costs to the GP & Physio.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only the fact that i live 70 odd kilometers away from the QLD border, i am 61 & believe that the distance is to much to drive with a busted rotator cuff at my age.

3/13/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

has WCQ replied back in writing to you ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
a couple of times, re notice of suspension of claim. Note, this matter has been on going since 7th Jun 2017

you next step is to raise the matter in QCAT to have a final conclusion
What you need to do is to write a formal complaint to the WCQ, with respect that you have done this already. This complaint needs to be in a chronological order detailing what is the issue and what action you have taken to try and rectify the matter.

The complaint needs to be in a chronological order with numbered points 1, 2, 3, etc.

The complaint needs to have detailed what you need fixed and for a time limit of a minimum of 14 days to apply.

The complaint then needs to be sent to the dispute resolutions department. Make sure you keep a copy for yourself. Preferrably send the complaint by email.

If you do not receive a reply within 14 days issue a follow up complaint to the first complaint issued.

If no response is received then it is time to commence an action in the local tribunal.

Would you like to try this option first.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The person at WCQ is "my Case Manager" he has quoted the act (QLD) 232 section 168 & this apparently has awarded him the power to suspend my payments.
My basic question is, because i live so far away from the site where the LTI happened. can i have the lite duties plan shifted down to where i live, Nth NSW (Montecollum 2482) they are telling me they cannot because the LTI happened in QLD & therefore there will be no insurance coverage. Bollocks! They started the return to work program in Arundel (nth gld/cst) to mid gld/cst & then Tugun sth gld/cst so why could it not be shifted to my backyard. What gives WCQ the rite to cut my payments when i have a LTI which they have taken on?
I dont get it.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Who are QCAT?

QCAT is the Queensland tribunal

I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone about this important matter, please look, it will help you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks give me a buzz....you have my details...

can you accept the offer please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
$7....lets go

can you accept the offer please then I call you

John Melis, Lawyer

I will call you in 10 minutes

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Standing By....

ok

John Melis, Lawyer