Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Can Campbelltown police in NSW just rock up to your address…

Customer Question
Can Campbelltown police in NSW...
Can Campbelltown police in NSW just rock up to your address and say you have a warrant of arrest, with no paperwork and they don't even know themselves what the warrant is for? They were vague, said something like it was for a traffic offence then said and an assault, I don't know but if we take the person now to the courts we should be able to find out what it is so they don't stay overnight. This is so unheard of. The person has the right to know what the arrest is for, and why aren't they sure themselves?? Well this person has no idea of what he has done wrong, doesn't know about a traffic offence and the assault has been closed last year. What is your advice on what must be done first to get to the bottom of this, there has been cases of police bullying and targeting certain people in the past, one recent incident on the news had to do with a Jacob Wiles, if you type in the name the story is there, and many others.1/ Can they just rock up and do that, whats normal procedure
2/ What do you suggest is the next best move
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/13/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

The police can ask questions to a person

That's not the question I asked

As to what action to do next, is that I suggest that you wait to see if you are issued with a summons.

If no summons is issued then there is not need concern further about the matter.

does this answer your question ?

no not at all. It looks like you haven't read the message properly. I have had you before and this is just your style. Its almost like answer whatever you thought the customer said and next one in line please. No real care and service

I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone about this important matter, please look, it will help you.

the bot***** *****ne is you are claiming that the police intimidated and or harassed you, subject to how the facts are reviewed.

You are seeking what you can do about it. Well you can file a claim at IRB and they will investigate the conduct of the officers and then report to you on the same.

if there was inappropriate treatment you may be able to claim damages.