Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am looking at proceeding against a car manufacturer under…

I am looking at...

I am looking at proceeding against a car manufacturer under Australian Consumer Guarantee for a safety issue that has now gone on for 4 years

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Queensland and just over 4 years... still under warranty but the safety issue has not been rectified even though there has been multiple attempts

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

To Renault.. multiple times

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They are sending a part for another attempt

3/13/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

your rights come under the Australian Consumer Law Competition and Consumer Act 2010

you will be able to raise a claim in the local court on this matter, but you will need to obtain independent mechanical specialist reports on what is actualy wrong and the cost to fix. Then with these report you will claim the damages amount against the other party.

would you like to consider this option ?

HI John, the issue is Renault is not able to pin point the problem to fix it. It is intermittent. Therefore an independent mechanical specialist would not be able to either.

understand.

Even so, the report will need to be obtained, as this will form the basis of the civil action that will be raised.

it is one of the hard parts about issues that parties have when the underlying issue cannot be identified.

the report will be necessary.

I will have no case then. Unless i get injured and killed, then the evidence folder of attempts to have it fix might be useful. :)

mechanical engineering specialist are the parties that need to be engaged in your particular matter.

without the report Renault can claim there is no issue standing.

would you like to talk on the phone ?

I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone about this important matter, please look, it will help you.

John Melis, Lawyer
should i ring you?

calling now