Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I run a Smash Repair facility in Sydney, we have been trying…

HI i run a...

HI i run a Smash Repair facility in Sydney, we have been trying to get paid for additional work done and completed by us for an insurer (GIO) and to date we have had no response or acknowledgment that they will pay, we have contacted the assessor several times and he told us he was passing it on to his manager, i have sent emails to the manager with invoices as paid to substantiate the repair, to not receive any response. This has now been going on for 6 months and am unable to get a resolution, we have also had the client of the vehicle involved where he has tried contacting them also but without any luck..

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

NSW,2014 528i BMW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not as yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How can i resolve this?

3/13/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

What you need to do is to write a formal complaint to the company. This complaint needs to be in a chronological order detailing what is the issue and what action you have taken to try and rectify the matter.

The complaint needs to be in a chronological order with numbered points 1, 2, 3, etc.

The complaint needs to have detailed what you need fixed and for a time limit of a minimum of 14 days to apply.

The complaint then needs to be sent to the dispute resolutions department. Make sure you keep a copy for yourself. Preferrably send the complaint by email.

If you do not receive a reply within 14 days issue a follow up complaint to the first complaint issued.

If no response is received then it is time to commence an action in the local tribunal NCAT.

Would you like to try this option first.

ok

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this supports me helping the community and thank you for using Just Answer.

Thank you

you are most welcome

John Melis, Lawyer