Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Just after some information regarding a drink driving

Customer Question
Hi there just after...

Hi there just after some information regarding a drink driving offence this would be my second one, although this one is different in due to me having cold and flu tablets throughout the day I had taken more than the daily recommended amount due to me feeling sick I then happened to blow over in a breath test and will lose my license is there anything I can do for a minimum sentence

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes have court on the 19/3/18

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that’s all thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/12/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

If you are charged with a repeat drink driving offence, you may have your licnece cancelled for up to 2 years and be fined up tp $7,569, or be senetenced to a term imprisionment, depending on the circumstance.

you may be able to raise a number of defenses based on the facts which may include, error with breathalyzer machine, or other tests taken, such as machine error, blood reading was inaccurate due to time the blood test was done, whether you were in control of the vehicle.
You minimize you penalty by presenting a positive defense.