Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I currently have a property purchased in a partnership with…

Hi , I currently...

Hi , I currently have a property purchased in a partnership with a mortgage.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

The country is australia and the state is Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nothing yet and the issue is the other partner is not paying there share of the mortgage and I have now loaned them more money to fix up there share of the mortgage than they have in equity in the property.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes please state I am looking for a way to get the property off the other partner due to the outstanding monies we are owed.

3/12/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

are you able to tell me the title details, whether the title is joint tenants or tenants in common ?

HI John, The property was purchased in a partnership and I cant find anything that relates to joint tenancy or tenancy in common. I will ask the conveyancing solicitor today for clarification today on the question of joint tenants or tenants in common.

the copy of title will tell you this answer, do you have a copy of the contract ?

We are tenants in common

ok

as you are tenants in common this means you cannot be forced to sell you share of the property unless a court order is obtained.

If the other partner is refusing to pay the mortgage, you should contact the bank and seek a hardship package to allow time to mediate the matter with that party.

if that party is refusing to pay all together, then you can raise urgent proceedings in QCAT to get n order to enforce the party to act.

John Melis, Lawyer
Phone call session started

calling