Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have tried to ask Optus for my plan that I sighed to and…

Customer Question
Hi there I have...

Hi there I have tried to ask Optus for my plan that I sighed to and that was a cupple of months ago and now I’m trying to get in contact with them cause I don’t know how much I ow and the last estimate was more then I thort I should be charged

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No I have tryied to but now I can’t even find a number to call them on

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that i am awair of and dose this cost me anything

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/12/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

What you need to do is to write a formal complaint to the company. This complaint needs to be in a chronological order detailing what is the issue and what action you have taken to try and rectify the matter.

The complaint needs to be in a chronological order with numbered points 1, 2, 3, etc.

The complaint needs to have detailed what you need fixed and for a time limit of a minimum of 14 days to apply.

The complaint then needs to be sent to the dispute resolutions department. Make sure you keep a copy for yourself. Preferrably send the complaint by email.

If you do not receive a reply within 14 days issue a follow up complaint to the first complaint issued.

If no response is received then it is time to commence an action in the local tribunal.

Would you like to try this option first.