Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have been trying to settle Adult Child Maintenance case…

Hello my name is...

Hello my name is Chery & I have been trying to settle Adult Child Maintenance case with my ex husband. His lawyer has now requested I fill in properly forms. Is this necessary?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

I’m in Perth WA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No this has been dragging on.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

His lawyer says before he can file he needs details of my property

3/12/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

Chery yes this is correct, the other lawyer needs to assess your total financial status in relation to adult child maintenance. This is a normal process.

have any proceedings in the court been commenced ?

The matters that need to be taken into account in determining the level of child maintenance include:

• •the matters set out in sections 66B, 66C and 66D;
  • •the income, earning capacity, property and financial resources of the party;
  • •a parties requirement to support themselves or another person;
  • •direct and indirect costs incurred by the "live with" parent; and
  • •any special circumstances which, if not taken into account, would result in injustice or undue hardship to any person.

Primarily,section 66 H of the Family Law Act requires the court to firstly consider the financial support necessary for an adult child's maintenance and secondly, to determine the respective financial contribution that each of the parents should make to that financial support.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and thank you for using Just Answer.

I gave him all the Adult Child Maintenance Forms 1 Nd a half years ago with a breakdown of all costs. Does the Court need further details?

he will only need more details if the matter is proceeding into a court hearing.

I’d thi a flat fee?

I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone about this important matter, please look, it will help you.

I am unable to access your Ts & Cs

the are on the home page,

the offer I sent you is a fixed rate for the call and you can talk to me as long as required for your question

Ok thank you. I am only able to call in 1 hour if this suitable?

yes that is ok

JOHN apologies a matter arose and I was unable to return to the conversation.

that's ok

we can continue now if you need

What I really need to know at this stage is why his lawyer requires me to provide details of my property

at this stage it is a courtesy requirement, and where there is a failure to disclose an order can be obtained from the court under the Family Law Act

would you like to talk on the phone ?

ok

just accept the special offer and e can talk on the phone

Ok I just need to get my credit card details

ok, I will wait for you

John Melis, Lawyer
Mobile number sent

calling

Dear ***** my ex husband is applying for Property Orders. What does this mean?Kind regards *****

what this means is that he will run proceedings through the court

Ok. So you were correct, I will cease proceedings

ok

Am I understanding you correctly? He will fight this in court?

John am I understanding you correctly?

property orders means commencing financial separation proceedings, with consent orders or a hearing in the court

May I ring you?

ok