Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have been having a problem with another tenant in the park…

Hi...I have been having...

Hi...I have been having a problem with another tenant in the park where I live ..the issue being he has now tried to take two restraining orders against me...the last a V.R.O...went to final hearing on the 1st of November 2017..at which he failed to appear..and it was dismissed...he has now applied for a D.R.O... the first hearing is on the 16 March..my wife has a 2 year V.R.O granted against him.. for threatening behavior ...denying access to park roads..and cyber stalking.at which he also failed to appear....I believe he is behaving in this manner purely out of spite...how can I stop this from continuing ?.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because criminal law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

WA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

In what way ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not really...I just need to stop this man from dragging me into court every 3 months or so

3/12/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards
Kevin Amos

Kevin when you attend to the next hearing, you need to file an affidavit that the plaintiff is a vexatious and frivilous litigant and you state the history on the affidavit as to what has occured and you seek the court to issue an order against party to stop all furthr claims being raised into the court. You may also seek a costs order against that party where you have incurred legal costs.

would you like to consider this option ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks John...do I apply for a affidavit in the courtroom..or before I go in ?

you prepare the affidavit in advance, and the file it before the proceedings and also serve a copy on the plaintiff as well.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this supports me helping the community and thank you for using Just Answer.

if you need, I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone about this important matter, please look, it will help you.

John Melis, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Many thanks John...you've been a great help.
Kind regards
Kevin

you are welcome

John Melis, Lawyer