Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I need help with a vehicle contract. My son was persuaded by…

Customer Question
Hi. I need...

Hi. I need help with a vehicle contract. My son was persuaded by his pa=lace of work to get a loan for a car after working there less than 4 weeks.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

This was in 2013. He lost his job after 2 weeks and the car and was homeless when they repossessed it. There was no effort to make contact with him before sending the re-possessors. He now has a debt. He has been tracked down at his place of work and is due to appear in court.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I feel that he was taken advantage of and the lenders did not honour their duty of care by lending him the money and then failing to offer him financial hardship before re-possessing.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/12/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

do you have a copy of the contract still ?