Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I've had one neighbour complaining about my dogs barking.

Customer Question
I've had one neighbour...

I've had one neighbour complaining about my dogs barking. She's now been caught out on 3 seperate occasions falsifying information which she's sent to the swan council. The ranger has advised although they can't get involved they must act on the complaints. My husband has had to have medical tests on his heart, which the specialist advises has been brought on by stress. We just want to live a quiet life. We're new to the neighbourhood but have since found out that everyone calls her the "looney neighbour ' she's previously had restraining orders against her by 3 ex husbands. We've tried reasoning with her and jumped over hoops to try satisfy a complaint which no other neighbour agrees with.I'd like to know if we can send her a letter about causing a nuisance or similar just to put a close on it. We can't take much more and I'm worried about my husbands Health. I've spoken to the council and there's nothing they can do at this stage.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

WA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

2 reports via phone by her to the council but the first complaint was closed off as she didn't complete the diaries or make any further calls. That was 10 days ago .

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We have witnesses that she's falsified documentation and had been seen purposely aggravating our dogs on another. Her boyfriend has also verbally threatened my husband and said "he'd fix him"

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/12/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

have you considered talking to the council and have and asking the bylaws office to attend next door to issue a formal notice to them and or penalty.

the alternative to this situation is to raise a civil claim of nusiance.

would you like to consider this option ?