Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was issued with an infringement notice on the spot when I…

I was issued with...

I was issued with an infringement notice on the spot when I overlooked paying my registration 7 days late which I paid immediately when I got home - the ticket stated that I had 28days to pay it- I went to the Dept of Transport twice to pay it on two different occasions and it wasnt showing up on their records and now today I was notified that the original ticket had a mistake in it written by the police officer and they have now cancelled the original one and sent me a new one and now have another 28days to pay the new one issued Is this a legal procedure when it was the fault of the police officer?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

It was issued on the Gold Coast 300 mtrs from my home in Helensvale Qld

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I did go to the Police Station where it was issued and told them that I had tried to pay the fine but the Dept of Transport had no record of the Infringement Notice on their computers hence no monies were paid at the time the 2nd time which was on Monday of this week they told me the same no such infringement notice and today received the letter and another replacement infringement notice with the right details in it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am really just wanting to know if this is a legal procedure to issue a notice then a month further on to notify me that it was their error on the original one and send me another one to replace the first one

3/12/2018
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello
Well the police would have the grant to amend the initial penalty notice, should it have gone to court in any event really.

Sadly, I would not hold much hope in having the fine null and void, as the mistake has been rectified in any event.

I wish I could give better news.

I wish to help you in this situation.

Please click accept / rate my service (WITH THE STARS). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost to you

Daniel, Solicitor