Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I would like to ask you for help resolving an issue with a…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to ask you for help resolving an issue with a flight ticket I purchased with edreams

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Law
3/12/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

What you need to do is to write a formal complaint to the company. This complaint needs to be in a chronological order detailing what is the issue and what action you have taken to try and rectify the matter.

The complaint needs to be in a chronological order with numbered points 1, 2, 3, etc.

The complaint needs to have detailed what you need fixed and for a time limit of a minimum of 14 days to apply.

The complaint then needs to be sent to the dispute resolutions department. Make sure you keep a copy for yourself. Preferrably send the complaint by email.

If you do not receive a reply within 14 days issue a follow up complaint to the first complaint issued.

If no response is received then it is time to commence an action in the local tribunal.

Would you like to try this option first.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi, I purchased a business class ticket with edreams with one stop from Sydney to Dubai and then Warsaw. I paid 4600£ and it turns out I have two stops, additional stop in Bangkok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The flight ticket is booked with emirates

do you want to cancel the ticket or seek a refund ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would like to write a complaint about it but edreams told me I cannot win with them bevause they do not have to inform their customers about the second stop since it is wriyeeeb so in the terms and conditions of edreams
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Either another flight without second stop or refund

would like to follow the option I explained above ?

I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone about this important matter, please look, it will help you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Written form is fine
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If you give me a few tips how to write a strong complaint it would help
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you still there?

yes

I will need to talk to you by telephone to discuss all the issues surround the ticket purchase and the letter you need

please accept the telephone offer

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you going to help me to write a strong complaint to edreams?

yes I can help you write the complaint but I need a lot of detail from you about the matter, and it is necessary to talk to by phone as the detail I need is your personal information and this forum open to public to view

i invite you to accept the telephone call then I can explain the process

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello?

Yes I am here

can you talk on the phone

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It just as I explained I purchased the ticket online with edreams with one stop in Dubai and it turns out now that there is another stop in Bangkok which is not stated in my flight itinerary neither it was not when I purchased the ticket
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There is not much to discuss

I can assist you with your letter

but the detail I need from you is all your person information, such as full name, your address, copy of ticket and etc.... and this is a public forum and every can see that information.

I recommend that it is better to talk on the phone to protect your privacy.

please look at the offer I sent you as it will help you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just need to get a few strong points for the written complaint
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you help me with it ?

it will be much easier by telephone, but may be you can consider these points

you may be able to raise matters under the Australian Consumer Law, Competition and Consumer Act 2010 for misleading and deceptive conduct through the failure of disclosure.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not speak great english and I prefer to read it

I recommend that you follow these steps

If no response is received then it is time to commence an action in the local tribunal NCAT

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When the ticket purchased through online agency is not as easy to win it as dealing directly with the airline I believe
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Any other strong points I could include in the complaint like I am going to use social media or I might sue them
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Anything else you can think of including law paragraphs?

if you need help drafting the complaint I require that you speak with me by telephone, even if limited English and that you provide your full name and residential address, date of birth, copy of the payment receipt for the ticket, copy of all emails you have had withe agent, and another matter you have on the subject.

drafting a legal letter comes with certain responsibility.

I recommend that you do no post any negative comments on social media as you may find yourself facing a defamation claim against you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
BThey told me they do not need to include information about additional stops because their edreams term and condition is written in a smart way so they are covered

as I said, you may have a claim under the Australian Consumer Law.

Have I answered your question today ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can sent it all to you to your direct email
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I claim it under Australian consumer law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would you charge me more for drafting the complaint ?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You have not quite answer my question

I have told you the law you need to apply is the Australian Consumer Law on the matter

I have told you how to draft the complaint above.

If you need the law applied to the facts, you need a lawyer to draft the letter

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would expect more for 90$

well lets talk on the phone

if you attend a lawyers office, you will be charged over $300 per hour on average.

I am trying to help you, but we need to talk on the phone.

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor