Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am having trouble with my real estate & have had since ive…

Customer Question
I am having trouble...

I am having trouble with my real estate & have had since ive been hr thats 3 yrs i have lived in my house & today shee is coming back out & I feel she will try terminate

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not as yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is wat she is doing o had an inspection 2 weeks ago & all was fine i have been really sick & in hospital the lawns were mowed ect but I don't own am ether but I whipped snip them we have 3 cars hr no garage but a carport which i have sum furniture packed tite up the back of the carport i have repeatedly asked 4 the trees out the back to be cut bavk they are full of bees & I worry about my grandchildren being stung nothing has been dun the air conditioner in the lounge room hasnt worked for 2& half years , there is a granny flat an illegal 1 out back that my nephew is in the power in it can zap u occasionally, in my bathroom the water is rusty has been since I got hr , we can't have showers or baths at night cause we can't have the lights or fans on wen in the shower or all the houses power blows i have repeatedly asked every inspection for these things to be fixed & nothing gets dun she said to me last inspection that the reason nothing has been fixed is because they have never put the rent up i said well they wouldn't wana wen the place is falling down around me i pay $550. PW for a 4 gem + 1brm flat in wallsend nsw

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Law
3/12/2018
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 1 month ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello
Ok, it seems that notwithstanding the issues they may have, they need to provide a hospitable home.

Having cheaper rent makes no difference. You need to have a suitable abode.

Speak with the agent, have them repair the work on the property and failing that, make a claim to the tribunal or terminate the lease and move out.

http://www.ncat.nsw.gov.au/Pages/cc/Divisions/Tenancy/tenancy.aspx

I wish to help you in this situation.

Please click accept / rate my service (WITH THE STARS). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost to you

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor