Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I hope,, i have a vintage car that i have just had a ground…

I hope , my...

I hope , my name is ***** ***** i have a vintage car that i have just had a ground up restoration. i did all the work myself apart from the panel and paint. it cost me $32.000 to get panel and paint done with the out come being the painter has had it back 5 times in the last 18 months trying to fix it and has got to the stage he got quite verbal and told me he was not going to repaint which is what the car needs, what can i do as i cannot afford to get it done again and it has been quite distressing time

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

WA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No as don't know what to do or where to go.or even if i have a claim or not

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just that i paid good money and said at the start i didnt want a show room finish but a good one, but all i got is a car with soft paint with scratches all over it

3/11/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

what you need to do is obtain a quote from another care restorer to fix the paint work.

then present that quote cost to the first repairer and ask the to rectify the work.

if they refuse to rectify the work, then your next step is to raise a claim in the tribunal SAT, seeking damages against the oher party to rectify the work.

your claim is civil and comes under the Australian Consumer Law.

the law will protect you in this matter and come to your aid.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this supports me helping the community and thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok

you have a legal right for the work to be done properly by the first repairer and a sub standard should not be accepted for the monies you have paid out on the vehicle.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
but what to do where to go.i really dont have the money to paid lawyers as just returned to work. the whole situation is really getting me down

understand

you can manage this process yourself.

you need to get another quote from a panel beater for the cost to fix the paint work>

then send a notice to the other party that if they do not fix the vehicle you will seek a tribunal order to have them pay your costs to have the car fixed.

then if they refuse to fix the car you then file an application in SAT the WA tribunal system

the divisional list is CIVIL under the Australian Consumer Law.

I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone about this important matter, please look, it will help you.

John Melis, Lawyer
John Melis, Lawyer