Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am not really sure whether I have the right site for my…

I am not really...

I am not really sure whether I have the right site for my question ? If not could you redirect me to the right person to contact.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It is about banks over lending and my husband killing himself over finances I did not know existed

3/11/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

please tell me more about the lending that occurred ?

We have a home loan with ANZ Roughly $413k
Personally loan $48k
Car loan 20k didn’t know about
Credits cards $60 k Citibank didnt know
$20k nab didn’t know
10k comm
$9 k com didn’t know
Another 8.5 comm not assesses didn’t know
All cc are in my husbands name home loan and personally and car in both
Basically he took his life coz of the debts
His life insurance is being paid directly to me 400k and his supers going to probate $115k as our land was just in his name . My question is am I responsible for the credit cards ? As that has to be irresponsible lending as our property is only worth like 700 k

there are a couple of issues that need to be addressed, but the main one from the lenders aspect was whether they carried out a proper credit referencing on your husband before lending. If not there may be an argument in relation to the debts raised.

Have you considered placing your husbands estate into bankruptcy, as this will clear the matter, and avoid an adverse impact on you financially, subject to the title of the property.

I am here by myself at present and would be good to chat to you when my son is here .as my husband did all the financial I had no idea what we even owed but new we owed to the bank .
Can I call you when my son is here as he works tomorrow and he wouldn’t be here till 3 or 4 tomorrow arvo

Yes you can call when you free
I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone about this important matter, please look, it will help you.

Please accept the offer and you can call when ready.

John Melis, Lawyer
We have since found out he borrowed on nimble as well , I am not thinking straight atm . Also our property is a farm if that helps , I will cam tomorrow soon as Chris gets here . Thank you

ok