Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I just wanted to know if the Council of Owners have made a…

Customer Question
I just wanted to...

I just wanted to know if the Council of Owners have made a decision in this case concerning pool hours. A resident has sent several emails to the COO and in particular one member demanding the hours change, saying he was not consulted, is

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Western australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

He has filed a compliment to the strata as to people in the pool

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He appears to be singling out one of the COO in particular

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Law
3/10/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

is the pool for public use or for the unit holders in the complex of accommodation ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Only for the complex

ok,

in this case you the unit holders will need to issue a formal notice to body corporate to provide an update on the status of the pool.

it is very important that protocol is followed to avoid confusion.

if the body corporate fails to act the members can call a general meeting and vote on enforcing the body corporate to act.

does this answer your important question today ?

Is there any other matter you need help with ?

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor