Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I would like a little help with form 1 and 24 title office.

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** I would like a little help with form 1 and 24 title office

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes three trustee have their names on a title deed as well as our church name and want just our church name on the title deed

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/11/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

you will be able to remove the three trustees from the title.

this may also result in a tax event occuring subject to the zoning of the church itself. Generally the church will be exempt from a tax event, however, this will depend on the structure that has been engaged by the owners of the church.

you transaction will need to occur through a conveyancer or solicitor that is registered with PEXA, which is Property Exchnage Australia.

the change in title can be done fairly quickly once the professional is engaged.

contracts and transfer documents will need to be completed for this process.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this supports me helping the community and thank you for using Just Answer.