Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Just making an enquiry, purchased a vehicle on the 18 Feb…

Customer Question
Just making an enquiry...

Just making an enquiry, purchased a vehicle on the 18 Feb 2015 through Key motors Townsville.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Qld

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

3yrs.. But they stated that we've only paid 10000 of our 44453.84 settlement price which we pay 417.00 a fortnight to. Which to our calculations are wrong?? we got a paid to date figure of $34881.29 with fees added

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Our pay to date figure is:$ 34,881.29 or payout figure is : $33,065.84 on a 84mth contract term through macqurie leasing. Start date of payments was 18 of Feb 2015

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/10/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

can you show the payments being transferred from your bank account ?

we can we are in process of contacting our branch for all our bank statements within the time.

ok, this good.

What you need to do is to write a formal complaint to the company. This complaint needs to be in a chronological order detailing what is the issue and what action you have taken to try and rectify the matter.

The complaint needs to be in a chronological order with numbered points 1, 2, 3, etc.

The complaint needs to have detailed what you need fixed and for a time limit of a minimum of 14 days to apply.

The complaint then needs to be sent to the dispute resolutions department. Make sure you keep a copy for yourself. Preferrably send the complaint by email.

If you do not receive a reply within 14 days issue a follow up complaint to the first complaint issued.

If no response is received then it is time to commence an action in the local tribunal.

Would you like to try this option first.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this supports me helping the community and thank you for using Just Answer.

Would like to try that option first! And see if we get anything out of that first.
Thank you.

because you have good evidence the law will be protect you.

John on our contract it states that we pay 10% interest every year for 7yrs onto of our
settlement price!! Why aren't we being told by the car companies about these policies?! Are they aloud to do that??

actually this may be argued as an unfair contract term under the Australian Consumer Law.

you may have a counter claim here

have you considered this point ?