Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We bought a car from a car yard and now we having trouble…

Customer Question
We bought a car...

We bought a car from a car yard and now we having trouble with the car can we still seek compensation

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

2011, we live in WA but the car is from NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, we got an order from NSW courts for the car sales company to pay us $18,000 but the car yard has since been closed by Fair trade NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How we can get compensated for a car that is nothing but trouble to us

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/9/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

what you can do is do an ASIC search on the company and bring the claim against the directors of the company directly.

As long as the company is still registered you raise a claim against that company and you can pursue your damages claim.

you will need to file an initiating application in the court to commence the claim.

the law will protect you in this important matter.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this supports me helping the community and thank you for using Just Answer.