Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

A shearing contractor is trying to not pay me $900. Western…

Customer Question
A shearing contractor is...

A shearing contractor is trying to not pay me $900

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Western Australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I am unsure what to do about it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Basically I put in a grievance for the contractor he gave me days off work that I didn't want it because of the other workers I was working with and they gave me extra days off so I'll pack my stuff and left I didn't leave the shearing shed we finished the shed out and he has taken all my money

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/9/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

what you need to do is bring a claim in the local court or the tribunal SAT.

as long as you have the contractors details you will be able to claim your monies owed.

the law will protect you in this very important matter

do you have a copy of your contractor agreement ?

however, if you are not defined as a contractor, but an employee of the contractor, you will be able to make a claim under the Fair Work Act 2009 to the Fair Work Ombudsman and they will act on your behalf with the claim against the employer for you.

again the law will protect you and come to your aid.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this supports me helping the community and thank you for using Just Answer.