Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was an Avon representative back in 2015 and when I ceased…

I was an Avon...

I was an Avon representative back in 2015 and when I ceased operating with them I had a bill which was paid off with impact financial services. I had paid all monies owing and no further correspondence with them. I attempted to rejoin Avon last month to which it was rejected and instantly received an email and call from impact financial services saying I owed $74 odd dollars. I informed them that my account was paid in full and they are requesting this money. I believe I don’t owe anything and why now all of a sudden are they requesting this money?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

QLD

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not that I’m aware of

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at present

3/9/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

What you need to do is to write a formal complaint to the company. This complaint needs to be in a chronological order detailing what is the issue and what action you have taken to try and rectify the matter.

The complaint needs to be in a chronological order with numbered points 1, 2, 3, etc.

The complaint needs to have detailed what you need fixed and for a time limit of a minimum of 14 days to apply.

The complaint then needs to be sent to the dispute resolutions department. Make sure you keep a copy for yourself. Preferrably send the complaint by email.

If you do not receive a reply within 14 days issue a follow up complaint to the first complaint issued.

If no response is received then it is time to commence an action in the local tribunal to stop the conduct that is occurring to you

Would you like to try this option first.

Am I writing this complaint to Impact Financial Services whom is requesting the money? Or Avon.
I don’t believe I owe this money as I had paid all owing and now out of the blue I apparently owe more? I asked them why they are only contacting me now and they replied with we contacted you in January this year. I don’t know what exactly I supposed to write in this letter other than I’m not paying

you write the complaint to AVON to stop what they are doing.

this is a direct approach and will give you a conclusion to the matter.

the law will protect you in this important situation

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this supports me helping the community and thank you for using Just Answer.

John Melis, Lawyer
Ok thank you very much for your help. Greatly appreciated.

you are most welcome