Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

It relates to a building construction issue. VIC. Not yet.

It relates to a...

It relates to a building construction issue

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

VIC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet. Want to check I have 10yrs to complete claim. Trying to get onto Lumley insurance re defective construction carried out 9yrs and 9 months ago

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm sure Lumley will not come to the party re compensating me financially so that I can repair faulty workmanship hence my plan is to go to VCAT

3/9/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

tell me more about the faulty workmanship please ?

Thanks John
My query regards ***** ***** I moved into in Jan2009. Building construction was completed June 2008. With the severe storm Melb experienced in Dec 2017 I have had major leaking issues in house which has caused a lot of damage. Builder and Plumber through insurance have done inspection and report where they have found multiple faults.

the building warranty is 10 years from the date of occupancy.

what was the date of the occupancy certificate ?

Ok so I have plenty of time to chase up Lumley Builders Insurance & if i have no luck with them can lodge a claim through VCAT in an attempt to get compensation for faulty building workmanship which has led to widespread damage in my home?
Date on occupancy Cert is 28 Oct 2008

yes you do.

what is most important is that you obtain independent engineer reports on the defects to confirm that they were actually bundling defects from the builder.

this will add tremendous weight with claim that needs to be raised.

I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone about this important matter, please look, it will help you.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars and thank you for using Just Answer.

John Melis, Lawyer
An engineer or building inspector?

numbers displayed

and / both

I think I have all the information I need for now thanks John.
Do I still get charged the $82 and $7 event though I have spoken to you on the phone?

the offer will remain standing when you need.

those charges haven't gone through on my CC?

i only have access the forum chat and the special offer I extended to you.

ok, thanks John. Have a great long weekend.

you too

call me any time for help

Thanks, ***** *****

you are welcome