Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Please. Ballarat, Victoria. I have four charges relating to…

Customer Question
Hello yes please Lawyer's...

Hello yes please

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ballarat, Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes I have four charges relating to breaches of a family violence protection order by way of contact via phone, text message and presence. No actual family violence in anything. Interim FV IVO stated that the respondent may do anything that is permitted by a Child Protection Order but only if no family violence was committed. At the time of the alleged breaches, Child Protection had a Family Preservation Order in placing including both parents and our two children. Nil mention on Preservation order regarding contact etc

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The police powers of arrest were that an off duty police officer saw myself and my partner at basketball training with our children - again family violence. My phone was then seized from my solicitor at court as my partner was interviewed and told police that I sent a photograph of children together at Basketball

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/9/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 4 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Afternoon

In the family violence protection order was there any mention that she should not make any contact with the parties in need of protection?

Are you able to send me a copy of the family violence protection order and also the child protection order?