Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We purchased an LG Electronic TV in 2011, it was purchased…

Customer Question
We purchased an LG...

We purchased an LG Electronic TV in 2011, it was purchased because it was a smart TV. All of a sudden all features other then the ABC have disappeared, with other ones appearing that are no use to us. I phoned LG the a couple of day's ago for an explanation, the answer was the services were disconnected because of the age of the TV. on purchasing originally that was never mentioned. The reply from LG was I should buy a new TV or buy a Blue Ray DVD. left me dumbfounded

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Unfortunately no

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

When we went to buy another TV, or look into it, the salesman suggested we contact an Ombudsman

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/9/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

What you need to do is to write a formal complaint to the company. This complaint needs to be in a chronological order detailing what is the issue and what action you have taken to try and rectify the matter.

The complaint needs to be in a chronological order with numbered points 1, 2, 3, etc.

The complaint needs to have detailed what you need fixed and for a time limit of a minimum of 14 days to apply.

The complaint then needs to be sent to the dispute resolutions department. Make sure you keep a copy for yourself. Preferrably send the complaint by email.

If you do not receive a reply within 14 days issue a follow up complaint to the first complaint issued.

If no response is received then it is time to commence an action in the local tribunal.

Would you like to try this option first.

first time I did not take the persons name, or write a date. Had no idea this would be so complicated for $100 fee

you have a legal right under the Australian Consumer Law to protection.

the law will protect you, but you need to issue a formal complaint

would you like to give that a go ? I can help you draft it if you need too

how do I cancel this

You can at any time by closing the page

I have extended a very special offer to talk on the phone, please look, it will help you

I just want to cancel this and make sure I am not charged for anything. It stated at the start I could cancel this at any time. but how?

close the web page

please call select the telephone offer and I will explain by phone if you need.