Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We've recently gone onto NB via Optus. The service is

Customer Question
Dear Pearl, we've recently...

Dear Pearl, we've recently gone onto NB via Optus. The service is terrible, slower than what we had before.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New South Wales

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I'll just finish my report to you: usually 2, sometimes 3 or even 4 times a day pour phone or internet service just drops out, right in the middle of an email or conversation. I got onto Optus and they simply said: reboot. Well I don't think I should have to reboot several times a day for a service that costs the same as what I had, can you do anything to smarten Optus up? We live on the Central Coast at Terrigal. Clem Gorman

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, that's it, thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/9/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

What you need to do is to write a formal complaint to the company. This complaint needs to be in a chronological order detailing what is the issue and what action you have taken to try and rectify the matter.

The complaint needs to be in a chronological order with numbered points 1, 2, 3, etc.

The complaint needs to have detailed what you need fixed and for a time limit of a minimum of 14 days to apply.

The complaint then needs to be sent to the dispute resolutions department. Make sure you keep a copy for yourself. Preferrably send the complaint by email.

If you do not receive a reply within 14 days issue a follow up complaint to the first complaint issued.

If no response is received then it is time to commence an action in the local tribunal.

Would you like to try this option first.

OK I'll try that, but when I spoke with them they just send: reboot. I have to reboot 2-4 times a day as internet and phone just drop out.
I imagine that's all they'll say again.
I don't know how to reach the actual NBN Co.

is it on your invoice the contact details ?

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars and thank you for using Just Answer.

Dear ***** Melis, I clicked "call me" by accident and do not want to talk. I do not accept the charge of $82, which I did not see when I clicked. Thank you, Clem.

understand I will get that fixed for you

the contact details for NBN are on the following link too

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer?requestType=NormalRequest&question=how+to+contact+optus&typeid=6&id=1371#Menu3a