Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Thanks fist time at this for me ... I have participated in…

Customer Question
HI Thanks...

HI Thanks fist time at this for me .. My name is*****: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I have participated in an FDR process wit my estranged wife. That process was paused - by agreement - subject to next steps: ie a psych assessment process for our son etc etc to assess his needs etc As of the start of this week .. circumstances have changed He has been defacto expelled from his (expensive) school - finding a new school .. his curen t use of time .. etc etc .. have NOT been discussed ... my estranged wife has goeninto "semi lock down: she is comminucating thu family wizard in a minimal way .. SHE is inilaterally deciding ll time / access issue regarding our (13.5 yr old son) I have written to the Mediator .. seeking ot re-open mediation sjhe has simply said "you agreed to pause it" it is paused! So - no re-open so far I have said .. "completely new se of circumsatnces apply... etc ec c SURELY the process has tobe recommenced???? (THis is DUMB!) over to you .. :)

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Ummmm good question I thin the ide idea that it has been paused ha been filed ... not sure

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Ummmmm ?? I don't know what I don't know!!!!!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/9/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

have you filed anything at this time for the mediation ?

the next step based on your comments, is that you should consider having a mediation certificate issued that mediation has failed. Then engage lawyers to commence the formal process of both financial separation and parenting orders in the Family Court. This will enable the matter to be concluded in a timely manners as well as securing your legal rights.

what do you think ?