Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was pulled over yesterday and the undercover cops took my…

I was pulled over...

I was pulled over yesterday and the undercover cops took my money and my phone and wifes phone

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Victoria and yesterday

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I got nothing from the police, not even a card

They never showed theyre badges aswell
3/8/2018
Daniel, Solicitor

Ok, what exactly happened?
I can speak on the phone if need be.
Were they actually police?

Im not sure if they were police but they looked like them. They were out of uniform and they had the belt with guns and battons.

Please elaborate.

I got pulled over and they said i had a drug and needle alert. But i have never been pulled over in this car b4. They searched the car and found money so they took that and my phone aswell as my wifes phone. They never gave me a receipt of taking my things and no card only there names on the back of a macdonalds receipt

Click on the phone option, i shall call you to discuss further.

Daniel, Solicitor

Need a number.

Can u reply by msg. My phones playing up and cant receive calls

Ok, which station where they from?
They need to notify you as to who and where they were and why they pulled you over.

They were from wyndham station melbourne. They said they pulled me over coz of a needle alert. It doesnt make sense coz i havent been pulled over in this car since i bought it. I dont think they should have the right to take my wifes phone coz shes just a passenger