Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have an issue with a builder who buidt my out door deck. I…

Customer Question
I have an issue...

I have an issue with a builder who buidt my out door deck. I have have an independent registered builder do a review of the work + photos of the issues. I have sent this to the builder and have only recived 1 text message back promising to fix the issues. This has been going on since jan 10th 2018. I have rang numerious times with no reply. The cost of the deck was $3600 and to get it fixed would cost another $2700. Is this worth taking to Vcat and do i need to pay all cost to get this hread?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not yet i trying to find out what my opions are and how to go about it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Where do i start and what do i need to do and what records will i need to presnt my case

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/8/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

did you have a work agreement (contract) in writing ?

Where you cannot settle the dispute directly with the builder, the next step is to file an application with Domestic Building Dispute Resolution Victoria Level 12/222 Exhibition St, Melbourne VIC 3000 1300 557 559 https://www.dbdrv.vic.gov.au/

Domestic Building Disputes is the first step before raising a claim at VCAT.

If the matter cannot be resolved in this forum the next step is to file an application at VCAT under the Building List.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars and thank you for using Just Answer.