Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

As an Aboriginal man can I practice my culture by collecting…

Customer Question
As an Aboriginal man...

As an Aboriginal man can I practice my culture by collecting timber to make artifacts

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New south wales

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No No

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Morning

If the timber is fallen and on the ground yes you can collect it. You are not able to take timber from trees in public areas unless you have the consent of the owners.

If they are protected species and you are taking from the trees then you could be prosecuted for causing damage to them.

If if the bark etc is on the ground and fallen off the tree there is no issue provided there is no restriction warning about taking things from the area.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Good Evening

I am just following up my last post.

Have I provided you with an answer to your question or is there something more you wish to ask?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards