Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My employer hasn't paid my superannuation in over 4 months…

Customer Question
My employer hasn't paid...

My employer hasn't paid my superannuation in over 4 months what can i do.This is the second time they have failed to pay on time.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Queensalnd

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

2 emails sent excuse is too busy and the process isn't that simple to pay 120 other employees also do not seemed to have been paid by the reply n the email.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that is all thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/8/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

all you need to do is notify the ATO and they will investigate the employer in relation to the non-payment of super.

the law will protect you in this important matter.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars and thank you for using Just Answer.

who do we contact at the ATO please is there a specific department?

you can issue a formal notice on their website or call 13 28 65