Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We have tried to chagne the name on a corporate flight due…

We have tried to...

We have tried to chagne the name on a corporate flight due to a teacher getting an interview and needing to forego a trip to professional learning in Sydney. We have requested that Qantas change the name on the ticket so another staff member can attend the PL and the school doesn't lose the money fro the 2 day seminar. Qantas said yes at a cost of $90 and then changed their mind and said no. We have ahd to book a flight quickly to ensure the teacher can go at a cost of $438 to the school. They now won't allow us to retrieve the cost of the other flight through our insurance. Money in public schools is so tight and a loss of $310.83 isn't something we can afford.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I'm sorry I don't understand the question in relation to Qantas flights enquiry.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I'm waiting to speak to customer care now. This is the 3rd call. I'm the principal and other staff have already tried to get this sorted. It has now come to me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's it.

3/8/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

did you issue the request in writing ?

No

What you need to do is to write a formal complaint to the company. This complaint needs to be in a chronological order detailing what is the issue and what action you have taken to try and rectify the matter.

The complaint needs to be in a chronological order with numbered points 1, 2, 3, etc.

The complaint needs to have detailed what you need fixed and for a time limit of a minimum of 14 days to apply.

The complaint then needs to be sent to the dispute resolutions department. Make sure you keep a copy for yourself. Preferrably send the complaint by email.

If you do not receive a reply within 14 days issue a follow up complaint to the first complaint issued.

If no response is received then it is time to commence an action in the local tribunal.

Would you like to try this option first.

Okay. Thank you for your advice.

you are most welcome

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars and thank you for using Just Answer.

John Melis, Lawyer