Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I want to report a scam where a firm Tech Zone claims I owe…

Customer Question
I want to report...

I want to report a scam where a firm Tech Zone claims I owe $799.99 and will take this out of my bank account.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No , message on phone received this afternoon

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Have run back on number given , the contact ,Ryan was adamant I signed a contract and ignored auto renewals

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/8/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

you make a formal report to the ACCC and the local police.

I recommend that if you have received any communication by this company through email that you immediately update all banking passwords in case your computer or phone has received a malicious script of form that can be used to steel your private data.

the law will protect you, but it is also best to take proactive steps wit securing your passwords.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars and thank you for using Just Answer.