Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am assisting a friend, who rented his home on a 2 year…

Customer Question
Hi, my name is...

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am assisting a friend, who rented his home on a 2 year lease through a real estate agency. After 9 months the tenants gave 3 months notice to vacate. There is now a tenancy dispute about the condition of the property. I would like to know how much documentation I should send to VCAT prior to the hearing. There are a number of emails that the Real Estate agent has that I have requested (26/2/18), but have not received them as yet. These will support my friends case. regards

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes I have applied to VCAT and am about to send a letter outlining the case and attaching my letter to the tenant and his response.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Law
3/8/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 1 month ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Afternoon

What is the dispute about?

As it was a fixed term lease neither party can terminate early without the consent of the other or unless they can show a breach.

Good Morning

I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week and seeing whether there is anything else I can assist you with.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor