Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was picked up 2months ago in SA with an alcohol reading of…

Customer Question
Hello I was picked...

Hello I was picked up 2months ago in SA with an alcohol reading of .072 and fined $770 and lost 4 demerit points.., last sunday night I was pulled over by a RBT and recorded a reading of .056 and was told I would have to go to court when notified., I was wondering why I wasn't fined like the 1st time and what can I expect to be told in court., can you please indicaite what I may expect, regards johnyb

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

South Australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I got a slip of paper with the reading on it and a do not drive for 5 hours and the officer said i may need to go to court

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that i cant understand why with a reading 1st time of .072 was a fine and this time i wasn't dealt with on the spot with a lower reading of .056?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/7/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

if you do not get a summons to appear in court, you have nothing to worry about

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars and thank you for using Just Answer.