Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We are trying to select a Probate Lawyer. It's a simple Will…

Customer Question
We are trying to...

We are trying to select a Probate Lawyer. It's a simple Will with one beneficiary & one Executor. We live on the Sunshine Coast but the Deceased is in Mackay.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Sunshine State Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/7/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 5 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Morning

You can contact the law society of QLD and get a referral or search online on their website

Here is the link

https://www.qls.com.au/Home

Depending on what the assets are you may not need probate and you can request banks etc waive the requirement.

The Solicitor should make these requests before spending your money on probate.

But the Law Society can refer you to a Solicitor.
Also make sure you get a cost agreement so you know what it is going to cost before they start doing any work

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Good Afternoon

I am following up my last post.

Have I answered your question today? If not let me know what else you need to know and I will do my best to provide you with an answer.

Regards