Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am a pensioner who owns property equal shares with my

Customer Question
Hi I am a...

Hi I am a pensioner who owns property equal shares with my daughter. She needs to borrow money to renovate her home I am agreeable to this. My name unfortunately has had to go on the loan which has been conditionally approved. The condition holding this up is my company hasn’t been closed or should I say it’s the trust hasn’t been closed as my accountants won’t send an email stating that the company has ceased trading as of 31/12/2016 only because i still owe them $1267.00. I also need to point out that I haven’t ignored this & have reduced the account from it must have been $3000.00 - $1267.00. I am a pensioner & can show what I have been paying with my bank statement. I also delivered my 2016/2017 tax information to them on1/11/2016 & was told it wouldn’t be touched until important work load is out of the way. What I don’t understand is that they know they will be paid if the loan is approved & it’s conditionally approved & only waiting on a letter from them. I have also had $963.00 deducted from my pension for the 2016/2017 financial year & unfortunately there is another $800.00 dollars for the 2017/2018 financial year which these accountants say can not be touched until the end of this financial year. Is there anything you can advise me to do

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Qld

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I am a pensioner now. The company had to be formed for me to be a postal contractor. So I the sole director & working for myself

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/8/2018
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 5 months ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello
Your bank statements would be sufficient. It is a small amount that can be satisfied by way of statements to confirm that payment has been made.
Can you not simply clear the debt now?