Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Have been served a warrant of arrest for failing to show to…

Customer Question
Have been served a...

Have been served a warrant of arrest for failing to show to magistrate court what to I need to know

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

Qld

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

What do you mean

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It’s over late payments to a subcontractor and a re payment to a client

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/7/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 4 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Morning

The warrant has been issued because you failed to go to court.

What the warrant means is that the police have the right to arrest you and hold you in custody until the next appearance date and take you to court.

You will have to go to court on the next occasion or you will be arrested.

You should contact the court and find out when the next date is. If the warrant has a date that the police will attend and arrest you you will have to get the matter back into court before that date and request that the court withdraw it and give an undertaking that you will appear.

You should get your self a solicitor to represent you.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week and seeing whether there is anything else I can assist you with?

If you have found my answer to be helpful, and do not need anything further, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards