Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

If u reduce your hours and you don’t put beginning and end…

Customer Question
If u reduce your...

If u reduce your hours and you don’t put beginning and end date can u go have to your original work hours

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

ACT

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I sent an email to reduce my working hours with the intention of going back to full time work but I find not put end date and now I am being told u can not increase my hours

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was already told last December that I xld

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
I was told in December that I cld start in February. I have 2 months roster as full time , only to be told the in the third week that it has been knocked back. When I told them my contract was full time I was told because I sent the email to reduce it , my new contract is only part time
3/7/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 4 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Morning

Once there is an agreement to reduce the hours unless there is a new agreement to increase them again your status changes.

There has to be an agreement by both employer and employee to change back.

Even putting in an end date, if it is not agree by the employer there is no change.

What they have told you is correct.

By asking for a reduction and it being agreed to your contract has been changed.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Good Afternoon,

I'm following up my post of yesterday, and wondering if you require any further assistance.

There is anything else I can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me stop

Regards