Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have questions about some one who has visa for travel in…

I have questions about...

I have questions about some one who has visa for travel in australia but wants to get permanent visa to stay in australia

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No this is my first look at what is required

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The person is a Thai woman that i have relationship with

3/7/2018
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Morning

If the visa she has is a tourist visa there is no avenue to stay from that visa.

She will have to apply for a new visa when she arrives.

If the tourist visa has a condition of no further stay then she will not be granted another visa.

If there is not such condition and you are saying that you are in a relationship with her, and you are a permanent resident or citizen, then you can sponsor her if you have been together fro 12 months or you marry.

She can apply for a partner visa.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/brin/part

She will be allowed to stay until the visa is processed and if it is granted then she can stay.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor
Hi
Thanks for the information
Question, so what are the requirements for us to get married and sponser her to be with me in Australia

Good Evening

You have to comply with the marriage act

Here is a link that sets it all out.

https://www.ag.gov.au/FamiliesAndMarriage/Marriage/Pages/Getting-married.aspx

Once she arrives you can get things started.

All the best and good luck

Regards