Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I’m needing some advise my husband and I recently went to a…

Hi so I’m needing...

Hi so I’m needing some advise my husband and I recently went to a dealership and chose a car that we liked we put a $1000 dollar deposits down and signed a contract that stated that we were first inline for the car and it was subject to finance.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Now we were still in the process of getting finance and they sold the car and did not inform us till we called them we can still get the $1000 dollars back but they sold the car that we had a deposit on and contract the car is in wa Perth 2007

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I called them to complain and tell them that they breached the contract and they lied and said that 360 finance the company we were going though with finance informed them that we had been declined which they lied I called 360 finance and they said no one had called and asked and we have not yet been declined so he lied so he could sell it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We just feel that they vialated the contract and sold the car Whitch we really wanted and went behind our backs so we wanted to see if we could do anything about what they did as if it was us in the wrong they wouldn’t think twice about picking us up on it

3/7/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

in this situation you can raise a claim against the dealer for misleading and deceptive conduct under the Australian Consumer Law.

if they seller has not paid the deposit back yet, you are entitled to the deposit back that you paid.

you can also raise a claim under the Australian Consumer Law for the breaches by the dealer as well.

you have a legal right to be protected and the law will come to you aid.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars and thank you for using Just Answer.

they have said that they will give us our money but we are still wanting to go further as they misslead us to Believe that with the signed contract and $1000 dollar deposit the car was ours subject to finace whitch before that was finalised they sold the car to another person so we’re do we go from here

in this case you can raise a claim under the Australian Consumer Law, Competition and Consumer Act 2010

the claim needs to be brought in the local court or you may try the tribunal SAT.

Will this coast a lot of money to do this

no it will not, you can run the case in yourself

I don’t know if this is a silly question but what would be a good out come as the car is already sold. We just feel really ript off and belittled what could happen to them if it gos in our favour

you have an entitlement to your deposit and nominal damages as the court considers fit for the breach by the trader for misleading and deceptive conduct.

I’m a bit nervous as the are a big company but still what them to understand what they did was wrong and every person should be respected. do u help us get ready for the court case and that side of things ?

you will be ok

you have a legal right to protect yourself from this negative conduct by the dealer.

I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone, please look, it will help you if needed

John Melis, Lawyer
I’m ready to talk on the phone(###) ###-####

ok