Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I lodged a dispute with Westpac, regarding 7 overseas ATM…

Customer Question
I lodged a dispute...

I lodged a dispute with Westpac, regarding 7 overseas ATM withdrawals. I never received any cash from these ATMs, by

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I lodged seven disputed claims with Westpac for ATM cash not received.this was done in Nov last year.Westpac took three months to investigate my claims and now advise me that cash was paid by each ATM. It is a common fault in India that Atms have a delayed response to withdrawals. It is obvious that the cash was stolen by the next person who used these Atms. Yet Westpac refuse to accept this fact and refuse to return the amount of $ 700 ,plus their fees. I am a pensioner, AGED 70, retired and struggle to make ends meet.Please help me

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/7/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

the dispute, was it issued in a formal complaint structure ?

have you had any written response yet